Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Personalized Wooden Heart Wall Hanging (Just Like Candy Hearts!)

I am starting to get in the Valentine's Day spirit and found a little time this week to make a wall hanging like one I found on Pinterest (here is the link to the original project).  And here is my version of the project, personalized for my family:


The entire project was under $10.  I hit a good sale at Hobby Lobby and bought the 7" wooden hearts for $1 a piece (50% off!), and I found the perfect red and white heart ribbon (the picture below shows a close up of the ribbon, as you can see in the close up below).  I painted each heart a different pastel color to emulate the look of candy hearts.  Then I added the names of each person in our family in red vinyl.  You could use scrapbook stickers to do this, but I used my Cricut and the Cricit Alphabet font cartridge to cut the letters out of vinyl so each name would fit perfectly onto the 5" wide heart.  Finally, I used hot glue to attach the ribbon to the wood hearts, and tied a bow on top.

I didn't want to give away the name we have picked out for the little baby boy we are expecting (which is due in only 2 months nows!) so I used the word baby as a place holder.  I did cut out the letters for the baby's real name and and tucked them away for next year.  The good thing about this vinyl is that it effortlessly peals off without marring the paint, so I can update that name easily when I get the decoration out for next year.

And here is a close up of the adorable heart patterned ribbon:


Well that is all for now!  Thanks for reading my post, and until next time be sure to have a Sew Scrappy Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment