Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mickey Mouse & Pluto Wall Plaque

I have just been dying to post this project, but since it was a Christmas present for my mom I had to wait until after the gifts were unwrapped.  She has a Mickey themed bedroom and has been looking for some cute wall decorations to finish off the room.  And of course, I saw this as an opportunity to use my Cricut and do some crafting.




I started with a 14" x 14" wood plaque, which I painted blue and then trimmed in black.  Then, using the Mickey and Friends Cricut Cartridge, I cut out the all the layers.  And slowly, layer by layer, used Mod Podge to adhere each layer onto the plaque. (Just a word of advice -- when you are deco-podging paper on paper, making sure you allow plenty of dry time between each layer and coat of Mod Podge, and be sure to use a rubber roller to get all the air bubbles out of the paper.)  I finished with a few extra coats of Mod Podge and then an acrylic sealer.

Now I can't wait for my next trip home so I can see the plaque in the Mickey themed room!


No comments:

Post a Comment