Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Baseball Blanket for My Nephew

My brother and his wife are expecting, and the baby is due to arrive any day now.  When I was at the fabric store a few months ago I came across some vintage style baseball fabric that would be perfect for a blanket for my soon to be nephew, since they are doing a sports themed nursery.  

I wanted to have a variety of textures for the little baby to enjoy, so I added some cream and red waffle fabric.  And to make the blanket extra cozy for a baby I added a plush border and backing.  And here is what it looked like when I was done:



It fits in perfect with their sports themed bedroom. 


And now I am just patiently awaiting the arrival of my first little nephew.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I know he will cherish this blanket made by his Aunt Sara!

    ReplyDelete