Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Trains, Helicopter, Trucks, and Planes Baby Blanket Using Random Rectangle Pattern for New Baby Austin

I am so excited to finally be able to show off my two latest projects.

First -- the most important project -- we welcomed our new baby boy last week.  Austin Ryder was born on March 25 at a healthy 7 lbs 14 oz and 18 3/4 in long.  We are so blessed to have this new addition in our family!

Second -- here is the project I've slowly been working on over the last several weeks that I finished just in time for baby Austin's arrival.



The fabric is all cozy flannel from the Starlight Flannel collection by Blank Quilting.  I actually got the fabric as a Christmas present from my husband.  Didn't he do a great job picking it out!  To make the blanket extra cozy, I used a plush border.  For a personalized touch, I embroidered Austin's name in the upper right hand corner.

I got the random rectangle pattern idea from this blog:  Cluck Cluck Sew Blog 

Here is a view of the entire blanket.  It's finished size is about 43" x 50", which is just about crib sized.


And here is a view that shows the airplanes and helicopter fabric I used on the backing.



I still have enough fabric left to make a crib sheet, bibs, burp clothes, and pillow case.  So I better get working!

No comments:

Post a Comment