Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Homemade Hospital Gown

With 3 weeks to go before the baby comes, I am getting down to crunch time getting the nursery and rest of the house ready for baby's arrival.  Today I nocked one of the to-do items off the list -- making my own hospital gown.

Since I'm having a c-section and will be in the hospital for 5 days, I wanted something a little less frumpy then the standard boring hospital gowns, so I picked out some brown and pink fabric from Hobby Lobby, found a free pattern on line over at Lazy Girl Designs, and went to work.


I made a few modifications to the pattern.  Instead of normal hems I used double fold bias tape to add an extra pop of pink.  I skipped the pocket and hole for heart monitor cords since I don't plan on wearing this until after the c-section is over.  And I made a 2" x 90" sash in coordinating fabric to add a feminine touch.

And now that my hospital gown is done I can pack my hospital bag!  Until next time, have a Sew Scrappy Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment