Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Paint-Your-Own-Pottery Christmas Tray

Today I am sharing with you my favorite paint-your-own-pottery project that I have ever done.  I got this idea from my friend Thuong.  We made this at Fired Up, a paint-your-own-pottery studio back in Peoria, Illinois.




We used the Speaking of Winter cricut cartridge to make stencils spelling out my last name (Michels).  Notice how this cartride uses traditional winter themes such as snowmen, mittens, and scarves to form the lettering.

This project was really a labor of love.  Each color required at least 3 coats of paint, but the yellow and white paint required 5 coats of paint to make sure the colors underneath did not show through.  I think I spent over 30 hours on this project, but it was worth it in the end.

And if you've never seen the Speaking of Fall Cricut cartridge, here are the shapes that it comes with.  It's really a neat cartridge.


Well that is all for today.  I hope you are enjoying the holiday season.  Until next time, have a Sew Scrappy Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment