Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Easy But Elegant Glass Bulb Ornaments Made with Cricut

Here are some easy and inexpensive home made Christmas ornaments made using glass bulbs, ribbon/cording, and vinyl stickers.   These make great tags on the outside of Christmas presents or great gifts when packaged in sets.  I even made a bunch for teacher gifts.

I bought the glass bulbs from Hobby Lobby on sale for under $5 for a 6 pack.  I bought the vinyl on line and cut it with my Cricut using the Stone Script cartridge for the lettering and Joys of the Season for the snowflake.  If you don't have a Cricut you could easily do this with scrapbook stickers too.



For my family, I used white vinyl with blue bulbs.  I thought the silver cording added an elegant touch.


I made some red bulbs with gold stickers and cording for my parents labeles "Gramma" and "Grampa" but I didn't get a good picture.

Here's part of the set I made for my brother and sister-in-law.  For them I used red vinyl and red ribbon on white bulbs.  These were my favorites.


And here is something I tried using clear bulbs that I filled with metal beads.

I hope you enjoyed today's posts, and until next time have a Sew Scrappy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment