Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Seat and a Table in the Forbidden Room

Landon has pretty much been forbidden from entering my craft room since the moment he began to crawl.  His little mischievous hands are just to quick at getting into my stamps, paper, scissors, inks, markers, thread.... And now that he is napping less and less, I'm not finding time to get into my craft room.  But after reading about how my friend Kristy, over at the The No-No Room, has a little desk in her craft room for her toddler, I thought I might as well give this a try.

Landon has really been into coloring, painting, and stickers lately, so why not make him a little craft space of his own.  That way I get time to do my crafting, and Landon and I still get to spend quality time together.

So with that, we headed out to Walmart to get Landon his very own craft table.  And since we happened to stumble across a great back to school sale, we stocked up on all the things a little toddler could need for his craft space -- crayons, washable markers, water paints, notebooks, cars themed pencils, erasers, a pencil box, construction paper, and a pencil sharpener.  Landon was like a little kid in a candy store and everytime we passed another customer in the store Landon would point to his supplies and say "Look at this!  These are for me!"  (I hope he keeps this excitement up when its time to actually go school supply shopping.)

The shopping trip was so exhilarating for Landon that he fell asleep on his way home.  So while he napped, I put the "some assembly required" table and bench set together and situated it right next to my craft desk.  And then I filled his desk with all his school supplies (and stashed the duplicates and messy stuff for a later date).


So immediately after waking up, Landon asked right away where his "colors" where, so I brought him into the craft room and he immediately sat down at his craft table and spent 3 hours coloring, drawing, and scribbling.  He was enjoying it so much that he wanted to Skype Gramma & Grampa just to show them his craft table.

So far this table has been a good investment and it looks like Landon and I are going to get to do a lot of really fun crafting together in the future.  I still need to personalize his space a little -- make him a pencil holder, put up a bulletin board for his art work, and maybe even make a magnetic board so he can practice with his letters.

Thanks Kristy for the idea!  Here's a few more pictures of Landon enjoying his new craft table.  And until next time, have a Sew Scrappy Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment