Pages

Monday, April 16, 2018

Girls Nautical Nursery



When we were creating the nursery for our little girl I knew we wanted to incorporate pink (my favorite color) into the room while still having a gender neutral theme.  I was unable to find any bedding in what I was looking for in stores so I decided I would need to make my own.

So after looking at virtually every fabric option possible, I settled on a nautical theme from Premiere Prints in bright pink, gray, and navy.  These fabrics are twill and duck cloth, making them both heavy and warm.



I started with a crib quilt using chunky 6” squares of fabric.  I contrast the twill and duck cloth quilt top with a soft minky backing in navy.  Due to the weight of the canvas and twill fabric I opted to not use batting.


Next I worked on a fitted crib sheet using Riley Blake anchor fabric.  Then I created a crib skirt.


I hand painted four 12”x12” canvases to coordinate with the nautical themed quilt.



I painted the dressers gray to match the crib and added a pop of the pink on the drower knobs.  And then finished off the room with a light gray walls plus a navy accent wall.  Overall I am quite pleased with how it turned it.  



There are still a few details that need to be completed before I can call the room complete.  I found some chip board anchors that need to be painted, I want make a bow organizing board using leftover fabric, the shelves need some more decoration, and I would like to add a strong inspiring vinyl decal quotation to the wall.

But that will be for another post.  So stay posted to see what I come up with.  And until next time, have a Sew Scrappy Day!












No comments:

Post a Comment