Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Color My World Quilt


I have been busy working on my first quilt project of 2018.  It was actually a quilt kit that I received as a Christmas gift from my one year old daughter, Alexis.  It comes in this cute little box and is bundled to look like a big box of crayons, which is probably why Alexis refused to leave the door until Daddy bought it.


It’s Crayola Fabric Colors by Riley Blake.  It comes with 10 solid colored fat quarters in tight little rolls so it looks just like a no of crayons.  And on the back is a picture of Riley Blake’s Color My World quilt pattern, which you can download for free here.


The kit only came with the solid colors shows above.  I had to purchase separately the black background and binding fabric as well as the backing fabric.  I choose to go with this cute coordinating Riley Blake Crayola Crayon in pink for the backing.


As soon as the fabric came in ore washed it and got right to the cutting.  And there was lot of cutting — 39 crayons each made up of a tip, a serpentine, and 5 rectangles. 



Check back in a few days and check up on my progress.  And until next time, have a Sew Scrappy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment