Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Northwoods Outfit: Cargo Shorts, Canoe Applique Shirt, and Bucket Hat Made With Michael Miller Plaid

While browsing on line fabric stores a few months ago I came I came across this madras plaid fabric and just fell in love with it.  (It's shore thing, by Michael Miller, and you can bye it here at fabric.com).  I thought it would be the perfect fabric for an outfit to make for my 3 year old for our North woods vacation in Wisconsin.


I used McCall'sM6495 to make the cargo shorts.  I made the reversible hat with the Scout Bucket Hat pattern from youcanmakethis.com

I found this canoe applique pattern  off Etsy from Applique Cafe, and then I added Landon's name to personalize the shirt.  I purchased the navy blue shirt from Target, Circo brand.


And here's pictures of my handsome little man showing of his new outfit in Gramma's back yard.




I also made a romper for Baby Austin out of this same fabric, but I'll have to save that for another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment