Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

From Cookie Sheet to ABC & 123 Magnet Board

A while back I bought Landon a set of magnetic letters.  At our old house our dishwasher was magnetic, so he had a place to use them.  But in our new house, everything is stainless steel, and although it looks really nice, it is not magnetic.  But thanks to Pinterest, I got the idea to make a magnetic board from a cookie sheet.  And here is my version:



I started with a magnetic cookie sheet. This is very important, otherwise you have to use magnetic spray paint, which I haven't had much luck with.  I actually took the magnetic letters to the store with me to make sure they would stick.

The first thing I did was punch 4 holes along the top and inserted eyelets using my Big Bite hole punch and eyelet setter.  Then I applied a coat of spray paint primer followed by 2 coats of the navy blue spray paint.

Next, I added the ribbon for hanging and decorated it with the vinyl stickers.  I used my Cricut and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut the "A B C" and "1 2 3".

I haven't figured out where I am going to hang this, so far now Landon just gets to play with it on the floor, but he is enjoying it so far!



Thanks for reading my blog!  And until next time, have a Sew Scrappy Day!

1 comment: