Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Decorative Shelf Made From Up-Cycled Pallets

Here's a project inspired by some things I found on Pinterest.  I worked on this with my neighbors this summer but now that the living room is painted and the Christmas tree is taken down I finally got to put it up -- a shelf made out of an up-cycled pallet (well at least it was intended to be made out of an up-cycled pallet).  We couldn't find a good pallet that was the size we wanted, so we just bought some wood from Home Depot and decided to make our own.  And the best part was we made it for under $15!


We opted for a 3ft x 3 ft pallet.  My neighbors Matt and Alyssa actually made the pallet for me, so I need to give them a big thanks!

I stained the pallet with layers of dark black stain to bring out the grain of the wood and followed with a few coats of a light chestnut red stain to add a hint of color.  Then I mounted it to the wall and added a few nicknacks.  

I liked it so much I also had my neighbors make one for the craft room -- which I will post later in the week.

I hope you enjoyed today's post.  Until next time, have a Sew Scrappy Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment